The MUN Delegation consists of weekly meetings for beginner MUNers in order to prepare them to participate in an MUN conference. The GIMUN Delegation is based at the University of Geneva but also open to students from other universities in Geneva. The main purpose of our Delegate training is to give university students the opportunity to learn about the MUN world and to give them the skills necessary to become great delegates.
The training is lead by two experienced Head Delegates that train the participants one evening every week during 5 or 6 weeks. By participating in our weekly meetings, you will become familiar with the procedures and mechanisms of MUN conferences and gain the knowledge and confidence necessary to participate in a Model UN.
At the end of the training, delegates have the possibility to participate in an international conference to put their skills into practice. As part of the GIMUN Delegation, you will be exempt from paying the participation fees for that conference.
At the moment, the applications for the MUN Delegation are closed.
- The MUN Delegation will give you an insight in the processes within the United Nations as well as further your understanding of international issues and the global community
- The MUN delegation will help you develop your negotiation and conflict resolutions skills
- The MUN Delegation will give you the chance to improve your public speaking and debate skills
- The MUN Delegation will give you the opportunity to participate in an international MUN conference with a team of delegates
- The MUN Delegation is a great networking opportunity, both with students from Geneva and students from abroad