Type of position: Volunteer (unpaid)
Title of position: Translator for the Annual Conference
Period: November 2017 – March 2018, Geneva
Number of places: 12 (three FR>EN translators and nine EN>FR translators)
During the months leading up to the Annual Conference, translators will be tasked with proofreading and translating study guides, which will be the basis for the debates. Translators will have to communicate with the authors, having their questions answered so that they can produce high quality work. In addition, they will contribute to the creation of the glossary that will be used for the Annual Conference.
During the Annual Conference, translators will translate and revise all documents produced by the Committees (resolutions), as well as articles for the newspaper or blog. They will also help participants with their writing, if necessary.
The position of Translator for the Annual Conference requires motivation, organisation, the ability to work in a team and an interest for international organisations.
Candidates must :
– Be a university student enrolled in a Master’s in Translation programme (or equivalent)
– Work with one of the following language combinations:
- French (native language) into English (second or third language)
- English (native language) into French (second or third language)
– Be available a few months before the Conference (the study guides will be translated in December and January) and during the Annual Conference (24-29 March 2018 in Geneva).
Why should you take part in GIMUN?
GIMUN is one of the biggest MUN conferences in Europe. It is also one of the only conferences of this (its) kind which is completely bilingual and takes place at the Palais des Nations in Geneva. It is a unique opportunity to complete your training by a one-week internship in a stimulating international environment. It gives the participants an unforgettable experience, regardless of their native language.
Please send your application in English or in French (depending on your native language language) to email@example.com (subject: translator application) with the following documents:
- your CV
- a cover letter stating your personal motivation as well as your knowledge and experience (for example in the following tasks and areas: translation; proofreading; terminology; CAT tools; international organisations; and MUN).
Note : please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have not received a confirmation for your application within three days.
The deadline for the applications is 17 November 2017 (midnight, Geneva time)