Do you want to participate as a journalist for our conference taking place at the United Nations?
Do you wish to get involved with a UN-accredited NGO?
Do you feel you could contribute to the success of an international conference?
Number of positions: 12 (6 English speakers, 6 French speakers)
Main tasks: As a member of the Press department, you will write articles and reports for the 2018 Annual Conference’s official newspaper. You will be a real journalist and write articles that will be included in the daily newspaper. Prior to the conference, you will also need to write several pre-written articles varying in length, which will give you a chance to develop and research international themes that interest you. You will also get the chance to interview delegates, and write committee reports which describe what happens in your committee. This last task gives you the chance to participate actively in our conference, just like a journalist would do at an official UN conference.
- Be enrolled at a university
- Excellent writing and oral skills in either English or French
- Experience as a journalist is not compulsory, but recommended
- Knowledge of international affairs
- Please make sure that your passport is on the following list: http://www.un.org/en/member-states/
How to apply:
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject of the e-mail: ENG application journalist):
- CV or resume
- A new article of your own production with a minimum of 800 words. You may choose your topic, but it must be related to international relations and in the language in which you are applying.
- An article with a maximum of 400 words which explains why you would like to be part of the Press for the 2018 Annual Conference.
- If you have previously published any articles, please send us a portfolio.
Deadline: November 15th 2017
Participation fee: 205.– CHF (this includes lunch vouchers with a total value of 40.- CHF, conference material and access to all social events)