The General Assembly is the supreme organ of GIMUN.
Its tasks and competences are all the ones that are not expressly attributed to another organ; including for instance
- To define the means to use to reach the goals defined under art. 4
- To elect the Board and the auditors
- To determine the amount of contributions
- To approve the executive report of the Board and to give him discharge
- to approve the accounts presented by the treasurer and to give him discharge
- to approve the report from the auditors and to give them discharge
- To pronounce the exclusion of a member in accordance to art. 9
- To modify the statutes
- To pronounce the dissolution of the association
Rules during General Assembly
Please see Article 11 of the GIMUN Statutes.
The General Assembly meets at least once a year when convened by the Board, generally 4 to 8 weeks after the closing ceremony of the Annual Conference.
To join the General Assembly, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- A university student
- Demonstrates interest for the activities of the association
- Shares the values of the association
- Has demonstrated substantial engagement (has somehow participated in the NGO’s activities in the past) and a necessary availability.
To request adhesion, please send an e-mail to email@example.com stating so.
The adhesion requests by new members must be addressed in written form to the Executive Board at least 7 days before the annual General Assembly or an extraordinary General Assembly. Members are admitted as a result of the absolute majority of the members who attend or are represented in the General Assembly.
Below is a list of current members of the General Assembly (updated February 24th 2015)
E F G
Wieser Nadja Maeva