This position will give you the chance to manage a multicultural team composed by contributors from all over the world, to recruit new collaborators, to learn more about the web publication and to make good use of your journalistic knowledge, all of this within a strong NGO that counts on consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC).
You will work hand-to-hand with Nataliya, our other co-editor-in-chief, so as to share the amount of work.
Here is the mission statement for the co-editor-in-chief position:
- Manage the blog team
- Keep and innovate the editorial line
- Edit articles and help elaborate articles drafts
- Manage the blog and the publications
- Collaborate with the translation team
- Recruitment of new collaborators
- Communication and promotion actions
- Coordination with the GIMUN board
- Possibilities to take part into GIMUN events, including the Annual Conference
University student preferably in the field of Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Social Science, Humanities…
Experience in journalism and blogging is a plus.
Very good knowledge of French and English is required.
Very good writing and proofreading skills are required.
Highly interested in international affairs and activities held by the United Nations.
No worries if you don’t have yet knowledge of WordPress, we will provide you training at the beginning of your position.
This is a volunteer position, as for everyone in GIMUN team. You will have to be available approximately two hours per week.
If you are interested in this position, send us a motivation e-mail, with a few lines about your interest, and a CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 10th of August